Our standard lessons mainly concern the technique of throwing.
- Each student has access to an individual electric wheel.
- Our courses are adapted to beginners as well as to more advanced students.
- Other techniques such as coil or slab building will be available on demand.
Programme contents :
- We offer an extensive programme built upon the basics technique of throwing.
- The exact content of the lessons is adapted to personal requirements and individual abilities. Globally, we teach the following topics :
- Clay preparation (stoneware)
- Centring (a must)
- Opening out, pulling up
- Shaping (cylinder, bowls, jugs, plate etc.)
- Throwing on a cone
- Pulling and applying handles,
- Glazing (application, not calculating)
- Firing (gaz and electric kiln)
Method of tuition :
In the morning : Theory of techniques, demonstrations followed by individual training and applied skills (3 hours).
In the afternoon
: The studio is open to the students for practice and creation.